Post 3

1. What do you like about social media? That it is VERY addicting
    What don’t you like? The Addiction
  2. How do things on social media impact your life offline? Not really because I just play Online Games
  3. Do you ever witness or experience people fighting online or posting something to make
    other people mad? Yes which Is pretty much why I hardly ever use Insta and Snapchat
  4. Posting, sharing, liking or commenting on pictures/statuses/videos/etc. that include
    guns, drugs, wads of cash, fights, threats, promoting violence, promoting a crew/gang ,
    etc can link youth to criminal activity and can create consequences such as
    getting arrested, suspended, expelled, fired, or rejected from a job, school, or
    scholarship.  What do you think about that? I think that statement is true because people in general think that they can do whatever they want including Cyber-Bully people which is wrong
  5. Some colleges and employers request your social media usernames and passwords to be considered
    for admissions or hiring– this provides them access to look through all of the applicant’s social media history, messages and posts.  Is this fair? I’ll give them my E-mail but not my Username because I don’t want to keep getting spam on Snap-chat or Instagram like I already do get spam on my E-Mail
  6. When your friends are having an argument in-person, what do you do to calm them down? Grab their Shoulders trying to seperate them and ask what is going on
    Do you think this approach would be different online? How is it different? Yes, because you will mute the other people and talk to each of them seperatly
  7. Have you heard of cyber banging? Yes and I think it is wrong
  8. Most teens say social media makes them feel better, not worse, about themselves.  What do you think? Because some people are just doing so they can say that they are more “popular” than other people
  9. “Eighty-nine percent of teens have their own smartphones.  They grew up alongside Instagram and Snapchat. They do research papers on Google Classroom, find emotional support on teen forums, share poetry on Tumblr, and are more likely to text “I love you” before they’d ever say it to your face.”  Do you see yourself in any of these statements?  Explain. Yes, and I’ll admit it and the last statement really hits to home plate for me and I don’t want to like it
  10. They can’t stop. They won’t stop.  Most teens think technology companies manipulate users to spend more time on their devices. Many of them also think that social media distracts them and their friends.  Do you agree with this statement?  Explain. No, people  it has to do with the Hyper-Karens getting the manager whenever they see an Employee and the manager tries to explain that they’ve done their work for the shift
  11. Snapchat and Instagram are where it’s at. In 2012, Facebook dominated social networking use among teens. Today, only 15 percent say it’s their main site (when one 16-year-old girl was asked in a focus group whom she communicates with on Facebook, she replied, “My grandparents”).  True? Not for me because its really only my parents that use it
  12. Social media takes teens away from personal relationships and distracts them from paying attention to the people they’re with.  Agree? Yes, because a bf and a gf want to spend time together but are away and with their friends and they still want to communicate and keep spending texts back and forth until they see each other
  13. Exposure to hate speech is on the rise, while cyber-bullying is less commonOnly 13 percent of teens report ever being cyber-bullied. But nearly two-thirds say they often or sometimes come across racist, sexist, homophobic or religious-based hate content in social media.  Is this true? Yes but I feel there is WAY more Cyber-bulling is going to because NOT everyone REPORTS it because the victim is told don’t report me or else